Hey Saikelists! Did you know one of our instructors – BRETT OWEN is part of the Winnipeg Contemporary Dancers? Be sure to check out his amazing, upcoming performance-
as though i had wings
January 5-8, 2017
8pm at The Rachel Brown Theatre
2nd Floor -211 Bannatyne Avenue
Saikel is home to some great men! Have you checked out this guy’s class! It’s always a packed house and a fun time! What do we know about this lovable instructor?
Here are a few fun facts all Saikelists should know:
1. Brett loves to travel.
2. He is planning a month long trip to Europe next year!
3. NYC is probably his favorite place (he even lived there for a while!)
4. He’s terrified of flying.
5. He listens to “Wings” by Little Mix on repeat every time he is on a plane.
6. Brett curates a playlist called ‘Have We Met?’ on Spotify of his favorite indie music.
7. Right now he loves Troye Sivan, Dua Lipa, Dragonette, Years & Years and MØ.
8. He has seen Britney Spears in concert five times.
9. Britney is the reason Brett started dancing.
10. Brett dances professionally with Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers and he has also been in musicals at Rainbow Stage.
11. Brett always used to see shows at Rainbow Stage when he was growing up. The first one he remembers is The Sound Of Music.
12. Brett grew up on a farm near Carman, Manitoba.
13. He can drive a tractor.
14. He is a Taurus.
15. He dislikes slow drivers, loud chewers and raw vegetables.
16. He loves duvets, pizza and books.
17. His favorite book is “All The Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr.
18. He would like to write a book someday.
19. His favorite movie is Fantastic Mr. Fox.
20. He genuinely does not enjoy physical activity. Cardio is the worst.
21. Actually, Avril Lavigne is the worst.
22. He genuinely does love spin.
23. Brett took class at Saikel eight days in a row in May and thought he might make a good spin instructor.
24. Brett hopes you’ll come try a Saikel Sound class sometime very soon.
25. He is single.
Follow Brett on Instagram @brettpatrickowen